Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Brand Loyalty vs. Like Whoah



I am a brand loyalist to the bitter end, no amount of 13 year old odd future fan boys will tarnish supreme's reputation in my mind. When i decide that a brand is not worth my time or money, it is banished to a terrible land, left wide open to vicious stabs by yours truly courtesy of disqus. There are many things that can cause this to happen: uninspired artistic direction or design, bad quality/production, poor cuts, etc. One brand that has been vanished to this scorched hell scape is YMC, or YouMustCreate. Out the gate i didn't trust this brand due to its horribly obnoxious name, but a few of its classic, workwear inspired staples lured me in. I ended up buying two pieces from them over the years from online sources. Both ended being made of bottom of the line fabrics and trims, had terrible cuts, and were made in china; making their price point simply outrageous. I thought i would never even look twice at a ymc garment again, then i saw this. Does my love for camel camo overshadow my hate for ymc. At this point i dont know, my fingers on the trigger, but i'm not exactly sure where i'll shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment