Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday






Following a viewing of The Tree of Life, I had a very interesting conversation last night about the nature of depression. I thankfully, am not a depressed individual, what i am though, is very cynical. Ive always been obsessed with the dark places the mind can go, and how terribly evil and downright disgusting human beings can be. Ever since i was a little kid ive been pulled into counselor meetings for drawing disturbing things, or been questioned about my mental stability due to the things ive created. This is often considered contradictory to my personality, as i'm pretty easy to get along with you dont offend me in any way mentally or visually. Anyway, to celebrate the weekend, i thought i would share with you some of my favorite grotesque images. Their isnt enough room on the internet to show them all, so these are a few standouts.

From Top:
Hermann Nitsch
Theodore Gericault
Sue Debeer
Hans Bellmar
Tim Hawkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment